Thursday, September 15, 2011

Kwanpe village

I was amazed that a village just off a national highway had never seen whit people. I remember scores of smiles even though the living conditions were so much more primitive. The adults were friendly and glad we were there. The clinic was challenging because it was the first for our team and the first in that village. The families were very thankful we were seeing them especially those with children. It was difficult to leave with hundreds of people still to be seen: "The needs are great but the workers are few." It was amazing that 52 people were baptized, demonstrating that when physical needs are met, people are much more receptive to the Gospel. I was glad to be a small part of helping so many in an are in which I am not confident. Maybe that is why God could use me.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I am so blessed to read these posts and just imagining the exhilaration of watching the Lord work in His people in Ghana and the way you must feel His spirit flowing through you all. I'm sure that coming home is going to be bitter sweet. But I (selfishly) can't wait to see your faces and hear your stories! Love and prayers...Jen Giles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for continued strength, good health, unity on the team, for God to be evident in all you do and for MORE to find a relationship with Jesus and physical healing because each of you have given your time and gifts!! Can't wait to see you and hear all about it!! Blessings, Norma M

    ReplyDelete