Sunday, September 11, 2011

Because I'm a Masterpiece!!!

Wow! May I just start by saying God is incredible!!! Last night Mary and I (Allison :)) had the opportunity to share with the youth girls at Pastor Odai's church. We had almost 30 13-19 year old girls. I started the lesson by reading Psalm 139:1-18. The girls learned that these verses have 3 major points: 1) God see me and is with me, 2) God created me, and 3) God knows me and loves me.

While talking about the fact that God created them we were able to tie in Ephesians 2:10. This verse states, "For we are God's masterpiece. Created anew in Christ Jesus to do the good things he planned for us long ago." It amazes me that even with a language barrier these girls were able to grasp the concept that despite what they see when they look in the mirror or what other people say to them they are a priceless work of art because who their creator is!

Last night (at 1 a.m. :-o), we closed our time together by having the girls break up into 4 teams. In their teams they had to come up with a song that talked about what God says about them. One group sang the song "He knows my name" but they added "because I'm a masterpiece!" to the chorus. Mary was able to get it on video :-D we are hoping to get it uploaded soon. ;) it is absolutely precious!!!

After we finished, one of the girls (Debra) came up to Mary and I and shared that her friends at school tell her that she is fat and ugly. Mary and I were able to reiterate that she is a masterpiece, a daughter of the King and therefore a princess, and that she is BEAUTIFUL! When we told her those truths her face just lit up. I can't describe it. She went on to share that she has no one to talk to (at school or in her village). Mary immediately jumped on that and prayed that God would bring a friend. Not 5 minutes later another one of the youth girls walked over and come to find out she lives in the same village as Debra. Needless to say, God answered Mary's prayer for Debra right then. She now has a friend! :-) Who she can talk to at church and in her village.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:A Bus on the way to Frankadua

4 comments:

  1. How awesome that YOU were there for these girls at this time! Thanks for sharing, girls!! So proud of each of you... God is amazing... Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goose bumps all over me!! You guys are witnessing miracles and I can't wait to hear more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so anxious to hear all about this ministry.God is moving in the African hearts,but also those from USA. You are beginning to grow tired about now.I am praying for God to refresh and renew you.blessing
    Helen Inbody

    ReplyDelete
  4. This confirms that Jesus has NO LIMITS!!! He has taken this incredible team to Ghana for so many reasons, but Debra is one of those reasons. Press on my sisters!!

    ReplyDelete