Saturday, September 17, 2011

Back in the USA

Well, where to start is the real question. We have officially landed on US soil. It's good to be home and at the same time a reminder of how blessed we are here and how little the villages we visited had. I'm not talking about the luxuries and pleasures like seeing Starbucks upon deplaning but the ghanaians we treated in medical clinics were without fresh water, no electricity and many of the children had no shoes or clothing. It is not possible to explain all we saw and how it made us feel. Personally speaking my heart will forever be changed. Asking God to use me and allow me to be His hands and feet meant breaking my heart for what breaks His. And despite their poverty and illness (and their was a great deal of malaria), they were joyful, thankful and some of the most hard working people I've met! We could learn something from them! Valerie, Apostle Odai's wife, told me she would be praying for my return. I too will be praying for God's will and purpose for my life and I am humbled to have had this amazing experience with this God given talented team! Mary


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Atlanta

2 comments:

  1. We are so thankful you are all home!! God has used each of you in incredible ways & we can't wait to hear the stories!! Blessings, Norma M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norma, I can't wait for you guys and Josh to go later this month! You are going to be such a blessing and get your socks blessed off :)))

    ReplyDelete